Mill Creek Cabins is located just 10 minutes away from both the Seneca Wine Trail and the Cayuga Wine Trail. You’ll never run out of new wines to try! There are so many ways to enjoy wine here. Each winery has its own style, from the party stops to the sophisticated sommeliers. This is just our opinion of the best stops for each style—let us know if you have a suggestion! There are new wineries popping up all the time.
- Best Breadth of Excellent Wine: Hosmer Winery (Cayuga) - Like many vineyards in the area, they specialize in Riesling—try the Single Wheel Batonnage.
- Best Red Wines: Silver Spring Winery (Seneca) - This spot could also get the award for most tie dye. Owner/winemaker John is an encyclopedia of wine knowledge, and he turns that into truly stunning reds.
- Best Glass of Wine: Gewurztraminer from Shepardess (Interlaken) - This incredible wine is actually made with Sheldrake (Cayuga) grapes.
- Best Snacks: Varick Winery (Cayuga) - They have tons of local snacks that they pair with their wines. Plus, their annual Pumpkin Chuckin is the most fun party game ever.
- Best View: Thirsty Owl (Cayuga) - The bistro on their back deck is lovely, and they have over 2,000 feet of lakefront.
- Best Hidden Gem: Silver Thread Vineyard (Seneca) - Tucked away off the beaten path, the drive to Silver Thread is stunning—and not far from us!