- SQF 500
The Basswood Cabin is a pet-friendly cabin with a kitchenette, 2 BR (one queen and bunk beds), and sleeps up to 6 (futon in the living room) and has a private hot tub
The Mill Creeks Cabins experience is quite unique and special. As you arrive, you'll pass wineries, the beautiful Finger Lakes (either Seneca or Cayuga), Amish buggies, and finally you'll find the Cabins, amongst the Finger Lakes National Forest. Check-in is a breeze, and you'll notice that you are one of only three groups who are enjoying the property. You'll start your evening by grilling up some burgers and enjoying the porch. You might take a dip in the hot tub before settling in by the fire pit.
When you wake up the next morning, Mary from Taste of Wine Country Cafe will deliver your breakfast in a charming picnic basket. Not a morning person? She'll drop the basket on your front porch and you can get it when you roll out of bed. Coffee comes with creamer and sugar. If you are a morning person, maybe you'll enjoy a hike! There's a one mile path around the perimeter of the 40 acre property.
There's so much to do in the Finger Lakes during the day. Lodi is located between Seneca and Cayuga lakes. Mill Creeks Cabins is surrounded by the Finger Lakes National Forest. While it feels completely remote, the beginning of the Seneca Wine trail is less than 5 miles (9 minutes) away. When you get back, you might take advantage of the yard games like volleyball, yard darts, bocce ball, and croquet. After all that activity, you'll probably want to settle in with a movie - each cabin has access to Netflix, and you can sign into any of your own systems. Or, go a little retro and watch one of the DVD's provided!
- Hot breakfast delivered in a picnic basket at 8am each morning
- Firepit (firewood available for purchase)
- Charcoal Grill (charcoal available for purchase)
- Private Hot Tub
- Coffee bar, with cream and sugar provided
- Onsite one mile walking trail through the back 40 acres
Before you book:
- While we have done so much to make your stay as comfortable as possible, keep in mind that you ARE staying in a cabin in the woods and you really are camping! Our "glamorous" glamping touches can't take away some of the realities of cabin living.
- There is a lot of wildlife present on the property. We have bear, coyote, fox, etc. You must keep your dog on a leash at all times, unless your dog is in the backyard of Cedar. You never know when your dog might decide to chase something and end up in the woods, or if an animal might approach your dog.
- Hunting season is November to March, and hunting is allowed in the National Forest. If you choose to go on a hike, we have provided orange and yellow vests for you AND your dogs. They should be in a closet, if they're not, please contact us and we'll get you some.
- Basswood has sulphur water, which is a harmless gas present in our well water. We have a filter that keeps the oder down, but sulphur water is a side effect of #countryliving. Some people notice, many do not. It all depends how hard the water is where you live and what you're used to.
- We do not have live cable. We do have wifi, but it's country wifi. If you are streaming on the TV, and you check your phone, the TV might buffer. Single tasking is the new multi-tasking!
- The hot tub is awesome, but regular maintenance is required. Water changes occur regularly and it takes about 12 hours to get back up to temp. If you are coming for a short stay directly after a water change, the hot tub might not be ready for some of your stay. We will do our best to inform you before your stay and always try to do maintenance during periods of time that won't interfere with guests.
1 Bathroom, 2 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen, 1 Living room, 1 Toilet
SleepingBed linen, 1 Fold-away bed, 1 Queen bed, 2 Single bed
CookingCoffee machine, Cooking utensils, Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Toaster
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Ceiling fans, Central heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Wireless Broadband Internet, Telephone, TV (Antenna)
SanitaryShower, Towel-set, Hot Tub
ParkingParking Included, Roofed carport
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Deck chairs
2382 Parmenter Road , Lodi, 14869, United States
Your host Sara was raised on a farm outside of Pittsburgh, but she has lived all over the world, including Philadelphia, Chicago and Melbourne, Australia. Nowadays she splits her time between Manhattan and the Finger Lakes, and in addition to the Mill Creek Cabins, she owns and operates the Brookside Cottage in nearby Interlaken.
You can reach Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org, through the chat window, or by texting or calling (607) 463-0850. If you make a phone call, please leave a message.