Updated note from owner:
Due to extremely high demand and limitations on what we can book, we are completely booked through the end of August. As of July 4th, we have availability starting in September.
Updated note from owner:
We are open as of May 22nd. We are putting an open night between each stay to maximize our safety of guests and staff. We are also reducing capacity for all future stays. There will be no more than 2 people in Cedar and no more than 4 people in Aspen and Basswood.
We still recommend Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) insurance, and we'll give you a discount if you buy it.
Updated note from the owner:
We are now closed to all vacationers, as of a few weeks ago. While we are technically allowed to stay open due to state regulations, our community has asked us to close due to our low hospital capacity in the area.
We are accepting reservations after May 22nd. We strongly recommend Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) insurance, and we'll give you a discount if you buy it. Our cancellation policy is generous, and you can receive 80% refund on your deposit if you cancel at least 14 days in advance.
We also have gift cards, which can be used at any point in the next two years (usually one year, but I know how hard it is to plan right now).
Our staff will continue to work and be paid while we are closed - after all, maintenance is still necessary. We are applying for all SBA assistance so we can continue paying at the same level as when we are open. However, if you wish to send Rebecca, Mary, or Bob a tip, please reach out to us and we'll make sure it gets to the right place.
If you are local, Mary's Taste of Wine Country Cafe is still open for takeout and delivery.
Updated note from the owner (Tue Mar 24)
We continue to be open. Hotels and other accommodations are allowed to stay open as essential infrastructure. That said, we are not operating business as usual. We have made several steps to keep our guests and our staff safe. It's important to note that while our cabins may be open, most of the activities in the area are closed. If you are coming to our cabins, it's because you either need a place to stay or you want to look at a different four walls than your own. Mary is still able to deliver breakfast because her business is operating as takeout and delivery only.
Two of our cabins, Aspen and Basswood, are being offered on a week-to-week basis through the end of May. Inquire for rates.
-There will be at least two nights between stays. This allows us time between bookings to do a more thorough than usual cleaning.
-Guests are not permitted to socialize with each other. Dogs MUST be kept on a leash at all times (usually the rules, but they need to be reiterated here)
Updated note from the owner (Fri Mar 20)
New York has tightened measures for non-essential businesses across the state. As an one-person operated business, we are exempt from closure. We may be able to continue operations, provided it is in the best interest of guests and staff. I'm still thinking through what this looks like. At a minimum, stays will be spaced out, so there is plenty of time for extensive cleaning between stays. This may result in cancellations or moving cabins. Apologies in advance, we're doing the best we can!
The situation is changing on an ongoing basis. Our COVID cancellation policy is as follows:
-March and April bookings can be cancelled with 100% refund at any point going forward.
-We will start to consider 100% refunds for COVID related stays in May starting April 1st, and stays in June starting May 1st.
Note that the regular refund policy is an 80% refund if you cancel at least 15 days in advance, so if you can't wait to cancel, the cancellation fee is not significant.
We continue to encourage all new bookings to buy CFAR insurance, and we will give you a discount if you do. Any new bookings are subject to our normal return policy.
Note from the owner (Sun Mar 15):
Many have asked if we are still open during this pandemic. Yes, we are open, and we feel like a cabin in the woods is a great place to be. However, as remote as we feel, we are not immune to COVID-19. I'm providing some info below, though as you know, the situation is evolving daily.
Here are some things to keep in mind if you book with us:
- Please let us know if you become sick during your stay. Even if it’s not COVID – we will be sure to take extra care to clean after your departure, and it will protect our cleaning staff.
- This is obvious, but I’m going to say it anyway - if you are already sick, please do not come. Our cabins are for vacationing, not isolating. We are not equipped to care for people who are sick – the nearest hospital is about 25 minutes away. If you’re sick, you’re probably closer to the care you need if you stay home.
- Things we already do:
- Heaps of peace and quiet – you’ll only see our staff if there’s an issue and you need us.
- No contact breakfast drop-off. Mary drops breakfast on your doorstep in a picnic basket, knocks, and leaves. If you want her to make other meals for you, let us know.
- Thoroughly clean between each guest with antimicrobial cleaner and bleach.
- We are well-stocked on toilet paper, and will provide enough for your entire stay. We have plenty of soap for you to sing your hand washing song of choice. We have not been able to get any hand sanitizer, so please bring your own.
Booking and Cancellation Policies:
- If you have already booked with us and you have to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible – within 24 hours of finding out please. There are plenty of people who can still travel locally, but if you don’t let us know until too late, we won’t be able to fill the spot.
- If you have already booked with us, please keep us posted as to the reason for your trip. We can help you keep an eye on whether an event has been cancelled.
- Refunds for previously booked travel will be made on a case by case basis, and will require documentation. The few cancellations we have received are because of people unable to travel for military reasons, and they were kind enough to send on the written documentation, which was very respectful.
- For any future bookings, I strongly recommend buying “Cancel for any reason” travel insurance. It’s the only one that is sure to cover you, as things are rapidly changing out of both of our control. This type of insurance was previously not allowed in NY State, and the governor JUST started allowing it because of the pandemic.
- Please buy it and let us know that you did. We will offer a 10% discount for any guest who adds this, to defray the cost to you.
- Buy from wherever you like – companies who have agreed to offer it are Allianz, Nationwide, Starr Indemnity, Berkshire, Crum & Forster and Zurich.
- If you choose not to purchase it, you will be subject to our standard refund policy.